Anger
Hate
Sadness
3 powerful words....
But they have 3 things in common.
They are emotions.
Should emotions overrun logic?
Is there a link between logic and emotions.
Our everyday decisions, do you think it should be based on emotions or logic?
If we are ruled by logic, won't we become robots?
But then again, if we are ruled by emotions, nothing will be able to be accomplished.
Of course it's easy to say there must be a balance between the two.
But what does it mean to have a balance?
Does it mean that you completely forgo emotions for logic?
Or vice-versa.
I think this is the turning point of my 4 years.
I used to always believed in being self-less.
But is it truly worth it?
Yes, I admit that there is a sense of satisfaction of being self-less
Yes, I admit that if feels really great to help others
But at what cost.
I suddenly have this urge to question myself.
Isn't it also important to also care for yourself?
Because in order to serve others effectively, you yourself must be in top form.
Am I not wrong?
Here's the irony.
I'm suppose to be the acting chairperson of red cross, one of the most outstanding cadets in ulp year 2010.
I'm suppose to be the cream of the crop
I serve the cause of being self-less, doing all we can to help others
And here I am questioning myself whether it is worth it.
What is the general consensus on this issue?
What does society think of this?
Is it that I have been wrong all this while?
Am I opposing society's viewpoint? Or am I with the general consensus?
What does society think about this issue?
Should the the people come first or you yourself?
As a leader, isn't it my role to provide the best for the people I serve?
And shouldn't all decisions be made based on whether it is beneficial to the majority where the signal sent and message sent to the public is being considered to see if such a decision is justified?
But if you are to provide the best for the people, sacrifices must be made to provide the optimum service for the people.
Here's the dilemma I am facing.
Am I sacrificing the wrong thing?
Is emotions something which is worth sacrificing for the optimum performance to benefit the people?
What should decision making be based on?
Where is the fine line?
No!
Is there even a line drawn?
If there is a line, where is it?
Should we consider the individuals involved, the people we serve, or the people providing the service? or the individuals providing the service?
Here's another thing that i constantly wonder about.
Work, friendship
Is there a line drawn between the 2?
People always say, your workmates are your friends.
But there is a problem with this.
Won't the standard of service in which we give the people be compromised if every workmate is your friend?
Won't the minimum standards be reduced?
This is especially if people are unable to differentiate and prioritise which is more important.
I know that the ideal situation is that everyone is able to differentiate.
Where people are able to separate a work relationship from friendship.
In this situation, when it comes to work, everyone is serious and prioritise work before everything else.
But once work is more or less settled, we can focus back on friendship and building ties.
But of course, this is not possible in today's world.
People have different perspectives on different things.
Some people think that serving the people and the majority is important
While others feel that serving yourself comes first before serving the majority
While there is also an extreme case where you do things completely for yourself.
This would be where the clash would occur.
Which is more important?
I would like to leave these questions I have posed, open to the floor.
THose reading(if there is even anyone) can feel free to post their thoughts and views on the tagboard.
Please feel free to voice out your views!
No comments:
Post a Comment